DAPA stands for Driver and Passenger Awareness. It is a programme specifically designed to enhance the skills both of Bus Drivers and Passenger Assistants.
- Health & Safety
- Defensive driving, good driving practise and skills
- Paperwork and Technology
- Securing Wheelchairs
- Vehicle Evacuation
- Driver Well Being
Outline of DAPA Training
Aim: To enable operators of services to develop an appropriate understanding as to what is expected of them as part of their contractual agreement.
Objectives: At the end of the lesson, learners must be able to:
- Provide job related health and safety knowledge to those operating on services.
- Demonstrate the procedures required to complete paperwork and app.
- Describe the role and responsibilities required to complete work.
- Improve safety through driver awareness, driving skills and the drivers responsibilities.
- Develop awareness of the correct method of vehicle evacuation.
- Understand the importance of driver wellbeing, personal hygiene and the impact it has on drivers.
- Demonstrate an awareness of how to deal with people with all forms of disability.
- Complete a wheelchair tie down correctly.
- Complete assessment.